[Image description: Gold stars with the following supportive messages on them:
u took a shower today u r gr8
u put on pants yay u
u got outside today that’s so awesome
look at u eatin’ food
u took your meds u r a champ
u did housework u go glen coco u go
u r alive today. fuck yeah.
look at u and your healthy sleeping habits
u only cried like once today. that’s fab.
u asked for help that’s cool. u r cool.]
My therapist asked me to create something “motivating” so I made these.
These are awesome! Really. You hit everything on the “list” and in a humorous way which makes it more awesome. Everything from taking a shower to remembering your meds when your depressed is a major challenge. All these things are things I struggle with when I hit a depressive episode. I’m sure they seem silly and small to those without a mood disorder, but they’re huge accomplishments to those of us who are sufferers and we should acknowledge that. tl;dr You rock, holyhotpantsbatman!
Totally going to hand these out. #somedaysarelikethis
lillysun8 asked: I just started dated a gluten free guy (I'm not). I love to make muffins and used to make them for boyfriends but I am really intimidated to bake without wheat flour. What is your simplest recipe that is sure to please? Something nutritious as well. We both try to eat healthy.
Great question! I’ve actually been trying to eat a bit healthier myself (my boyfriend and I are dabbling in Paleo recipes) and I have had amazing luck with a Banana Nut Chocolate Chip muffin recipe I found on PaleoOMG. I’ve made these muffins 4-5 times in the past 2 months and my boyfriend cannot get enough of them. I have pasted the PaleoOMG recipe below, but just a few tips: I can usually get 10-12 muffins out of this, I use a regular muffin pan w/paper muffin cups, and I use whatever Chocolate Chips I have on hand as I have a hard time coughing up the $$ for the Evolved Baking Chocolate. Regardless, if you follow this recipe to the letter you will get killer muffins that also happen to be gluten-free and tasty!Banana Nut Chocolate Chip MuffinsServes: 9Ingredients
- 3 bananas, mashed with a fork
- 3 eggs, whisked
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup smooth almond butter
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup 72% Eating Evolved Baking Chocolate, chopped into pieces (or other chocolate chips you like)Instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mash bananas in a large bowl. Add eggs, maple syrup, almond butter, and vanilla extract and mix together.
- Then add coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda and powder and a pinch of salt and mix well.
- Lastly, fold in walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop batter into 9 cups of a silicone muffin pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Let cool before removing from silicone pan.